Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2019

From the News: Horse Meat Meant for Zoo Sold For Human Consumption



Zoos are only tangentially related to this story, but I still thought it was a neat read.  It seriously feels like it is the sort of scam you would see in Goodfellas or a movie along those lines. 


When it comes to zoo diets, I've always heard that if it isn't good enough for me, it's not good enough for the animals... but then again, how exactly do you determine in a rat is "good enough" for human consumption. 


Horse might be a little different, seeing as attitudes about eating it vary from country to country, but I'm still sure that a lot of people affected by this scheme would have been disconcerted to find out that some of the beef they've eaten wasn't exactly beef.  I wonder if Spain is about to see a bump in vegetarianism.


carne de caballo

No comments:

Post a Comment