Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Zoo Joke: Bill's Pride

Bill was a keeper at the city zoo, but he was never very happy with it.  He felt like he never got the respect that he deserved from his boss and his coworkers and his ideas were never given enough attention.  Also, he constantly felt like he was being passed over for promotions that he deserved.

One day, the indignity of it all got to be too much for him.  Fed up, he announced his resignation in a huff and stormed out.  Then, taking out a loan, he bought an empty plot of land, started scouring for animals, and opened up his own zoo, with himself as the director.

About a year later, one of his old coworkers was out at a bar after work one day when he spotted a disheveled Bill sitting on a bar stool.  Walking over, he struck up a conversation and asked how things had been.

"Not that great," Bill admitted.  "The zoo was doing great for a while, but after the first few months, I guess the novelty wore off and the crowds stopped coming.  I've had to downsize, keepers and animals.  First I sold off my giraffes, then my grizzly bears, and then my baboons.  Last week, I sold off the peacocks.  Now, all that I have left is a single group of lions."

"I'm sorry to hear that," his coworker said.  "I know this was a dream of yours, to go off on your own.  Would you ever consider coming back to work with us?"

"What?" Bill exclaimed, "No way!  I still have my pride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment