Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2020

Shared Thoughts - Katie W.

I've been seeing a few - not a lot, but enough to irk me - posts, memes, etc comparing life in quarantine to life as a zoo animal, with the not-so-subtle hint being that if we don't like being in quarantine, animals must be unhappy in zoos.  All I can say is, right now, I wish we were lucky enough to be treated like zoo animals...

The following is a post by a zookeeper that sums up my feelings on the subject.  It was shared on a few zookeeping groups, but I removed all of her last name except her initial and did not feature photos that included her face.


It makes me happy that so many keepers and zoo professionals are speaking up to defend not their careers, but their callings.  I'm only sorry that we keep on having to distract ourselves from the important work of caring for animals to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment