Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

From the News: National Zoo Reopens Friday


At this point, it seems like just about every American zoo and aquarium has reopened from the Coronavirus pandemic shut downs.  Whether or not they stay open remains to be seen, as cases (and deaths) start to climb ominously back upwards.  I myself am feeling perfectly comfortable with going to the zoo - more so that I would be with going to a gym, a movie theater, or a dine-in restaurant.  Still, I'm not as confident about traveling, so right now I'm keeping my attentions local and planning visits for times and days when I suspect the zoo will most likely be empty.  In the meantime, it's a great time to support your local zoo or aquarium - consider it a socially-distancing stay-cation (it's not like we really have much in the way of travel options now anyway...)

Kitty2
Photo Credit: Darrow Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment