Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Sharks on the Interstate

 


One of the things that I absolutely love about this profession is that, every time I start to think that I've seen it all, something like this happens.  In this case, "this" is video footage from Baltimore, where a motorist who happened to look out the window on I-95 got treated to a very unexpected sight.  It occurred to me as I watched the video that I had never really thought about how sharks were transported.

Apparently, the window is in place so that transporters can quickly and easily check on the animals, although I admit I would have thought there would be a cover for the window while the animals are actually in motion.  Partly so that they don't get stressed, but mostly so a motorist in the next lane doesn't see them, completely lose their minds, forget that they are driving, and then swerve and crash into another vehicle... especially one that's transporting large live sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment