Search This Blog

Saturday, June 3, 2023

US News and World Report's Best Zoo List

The question of what are the best zoos and aquariums in the US is a very subjective one, and while there are definitely some that I look more than others, I've never even tried ranking them.  It turns out that lots of other folks do enjoy doing that, however.  This article by US News and World Report gives the author's list of the top 26 (such a strange number) facilities.  So far, I've been to 21 of the 26, and actually have plans to check off another 3 before the end of the year. 


Do I agree with the list?  Not entirely.  Like I said, I dont keep formal rankings, but there are some facilities I would elevate onto the list in favor of others.  Some of the info shared is a little outdated.  Other things, which the author attributes as something special or unique about one facility, are actually fairly representative of many zoos.  That's ok, though. Everyone has different priorities over what makes a zoo a top facility.  To me, it's worth it just to have the conservation about what makes the difference between a poor zoo and a good one, as well as a good one and a great one.


No comments:

Post a Comment