Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Zookeeper Personality Guide - Part I

I believe that is morally wrong to stereotype people by their race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.  That being said, it is perfectly acceptable to stereotype zookeepers by the animals that they care for.

I saw this, one of several such "Personality Guides" that I've seen floating around on the web.  On some things I agree, on others, not so much... and some things I'm shocked that they don't see.  In my next post, I'll offer my version of this.  In the mean time, enjoy!


Zookeeper Personality Guide

A zoo is like a high school cafeteria: people tend to be grouped and classified with others like them.  Oh, and someone’s always throwing food.

Certain types of people prefer to work with certain types of animals, and on the flip side of that, certain types of animals attract certain types of people.  Don’t even act like that’s not true, y'all.  Many keepers (including me) work with a variety of species every day, but even then, almost every keeper has a niche where they fit best.

Curious to see where you land?  Under the cut, if you dare…

[DISCLAIMER: Jokes, people.  These are them.  Don’t get offended.]



No comments:

Post a Comment