Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Sporcle Quiz: Latin Names of The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book Latin Names

I love literature.  I love wild animals.  When the two intertwine, I enjoy it immensely.  Sure, some zookeepers can get snooty and irritable with factual misrepresentations of animals on the pages of a book, or on the big screen.  To me, it's awesome seeing a species that I know in such a different context.  Like when watching The Jungle Book, or Life of Pi, reminding myself that all of the animals on the screen (CGI though they may be), represent real animals.  

Many zoos, especially those that exhibit South Asian animals, are taking advantage of the popularity surrounding this film to educate visitors about the real live animals of the Indian forests. 

This month's quiz seeks to bridge the gap between the fictitious and the actual by matching the animal characters of Kipling's The Jungle Book with their real, live counterparts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment