Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Coming Attractions...

This month, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park unveiled its new Australian Walkabout, to critical acclaim (I mean, minus the embarrassing little incident where Maori singers from New Zealand were recruited to christian the Australian exhibit).  Kangaroos, wallabies, and tree kangaroos, as well as cassowaries, were there to greet visitors on opening day.  It looks like a great exhibit... but it seems that the best is yet to come.


I'd heard rumors about this off and on for the past few weeks.  I was having a hard time believing it.  Still, it looks like this is going to happen.  As early as next year, San Diego will be home to the first duck-billed platypuses in America in over 70 years.  I know where I'll be going next year... calling in every favor with every San Diego keeper I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment