Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2019

Primates and the Primates Who Care For Them

The Primates are a group of animals made up of by the apes, the monkeys - Old World and New World - and the lemurs and other prosimians. 

Most species are intensely social, living in some of the largest and  most complex family groupings of any mammals.  They are among the most intelligent (after all these years I'm no longer sure I'd say the most intelligent) of animals, and they have a capacity for getting into trouble which has alternately amused, exasperated, and infuriated their caretakers for years. 


I've worked with several species of primates over the years.  I've got to confess, they've never been my favorites.  I don't think I'd ever consider applying for a job that was working with them exclusively as long as I had other options.  Still, there is no denying their charisma and (their occasional) charm.  So, this month, we'll be taking a special look at one of the most popular groups of animals at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment