Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2022

When Crocodiles Fly (Out the Window)


Imagine, if you will, that you were driving down the street, minding your own business, with a van driving ahead of you.  Suddenly, out from the window of that van rockets a CROCODILE that begins tearing down the street.  Two women launch themselves out of the van and grab the reptile, in the middle of the street, all with amazed onlookers gawking on.  They get the croc, and get back in the van.  Everyone carries on their merry way.

Welcome to St. Augustine.

There's lots of "Florida Man" (or, in this case, "Florida Women") jokes that could be made, but I've had some pretty awkward animal escapes happen without being surrounded by camera phones, so I'm going to shut my mouth.  Instead, I'll tip my hat to the staff of St. Augustine Alligator Farm.  There is probably no team in this country that is more practiced or better skilled at handling crocodilians, so no one who could have quickly and safely solved this snafu like they were able to.

As unwanted as the whole event was for them, I'm sure, both for managing their own safety (mostly from cars, the croc was taped) and the stress on the animal, I never would have doubted that they'd be fine.  Honestly, my biggest fear in this situation would have been that some macho onlookers would have jumped in, decided that this was "a man's job," shoved the staff aside, and done something disastrously stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment