Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2022

Be the Animal (But Keep it G-Rated)

One of the most popular tropes for zoos on National Zookeeper Week is to show pictures of their keepers mimicking their animals.  The following examples posted on Facebook by the American Association of Zookeepers Chapter from Little Rock Zoo provide some ideas of what I mean:


 


I personally am somewhat lacking in whimsy, which, combined with not being especially photogenic, has typically resulted in me not being invited for shoots such as these.  Which is just as well, honestly.  I've collected a lot of memories over the years of our animals in very, very compromising positions.  Some of which would probably prove impossible for most of our staff to replicate (and I know I couldn't).  As in, normally sexual behavior would be the least of it.  If it weren't for the certain trip to HR afterwards, I'm sure that lots of them would get plenty of traction on social media. Who knows, might even attract an entire new demographic to the zoo.

What?  The extremely immature are a very large but often neglected segment of society.

And a little more wholesome fun from Fossil Rim...

No comments:

Post a Comment