Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Sporcle Quiz: TV at the Zoo


This isn't one of my quizzes, but I really enjoyed it.  Almost (but not quite) as fascinating as the animals at the zoo is the zoo (or aquarium) as an institution itself - the history, the facilities, the people who work there and visit there, and how it fits into society.  Every time that I see a zoo shown in a TV show, movie, or book, it offers a little insight as to how the author or producer sees the place - a conservation facility, a family-friendly wonderland, a prison?  Or, most often in fiction, a place that solely exists within the story so that an animal can be allowed to escape (or visitor can fall into the enclosure) to add drama to the plot.  Enjoy the quiz - I sure did (even if I didn't recognize them all).



No comments:

Post a Comment