Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Trust No One

Excellent advise from an expert source - and which I can relate to.

I once was taking care of a jaguar exhibit on my first week at a new job, when the pool clogged.  A keeper who had been there longer than me responded to my call and come to help me fix it.  We'd been looking at the drain for a few minutes when suddenly he jolted upright.  He realized that, answering my call, he'd walked into the jag exhibit with me - without confirming that the cat was safely locked away.

Immediately, he ran to the holding building to confirm that she was secure before coming back out.  I mean, if she hadn't have been, it would probably have already been too late for at least one of us.

He brushed it off later, joking that he told tell right off the bat that I seemed reliable enough to have locked the cat away before inviting him in.  Still, it did teach me not to take it personally when people want to double check on what I say I've done for their own safety - and that I should never hesitate to double check on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment