Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Anything for Billy...

It's one of my biggest regrets about writing this blog -  I feel like I spend a lot more time than I would like posting about the anti-zoo world.  I originally wanted to start writing because I wanted to share with a larger audience the joy, the magic, and the mission that go into life at a zoo or aquarium.  Unfortunately, these days too many of our organizations find themselves under attack by those who (I like to believe, anyway) are well-meaning but poorly-informed.

We find our latest struggle at the Los Angeles Zoo, where the keepers are facing yet another effort by activists (led, of all people, by Cher) to wrest their male Asian elephant, Billy, from the home he has known for about three decades and send him to a "sanctuary."

Why the quotes around "sanctuary?"  Because... there isn't one.  There are only two options for other facilities to house Billy: the ridiculous, and the impractical, with both being idiotic.  To explain better, I'll share a post from fellow blogger and animal behavior expert Rachel Garner, author of the blog "Why Animals Do The Thing"...

No comments:

Post a Comment