Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Joel Sartore and the Photo Ark on "60 Minutes"

This last week, you could have watched President Donald Trump give an interview on the popular American news program "60 Minutes"... or you could have enjoyed your evening and skipped to the segment with Joel Sartore.  Mr. Sartore is the creator of the Photo Ark, an ambitious project to create a visual documentation of every species of animal currently being kept in zoos and aquariums.  It's basically my dream job, hampered only by my lack of connections and even more so by my lack of equipment and, what's the word?  Oh, yes - talent.

I've met Mr. Sartore once during a photo shoot and we compared lists.  If I have one minor victory it's that I have a few species which he has not yet been able to obtain... Too bad he has a few thousand more than me in other categories.

Enjoy the clip - and as you can see, this work is not always for the faint-of-heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment