Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

The Hippo vs the Security Guard

Even after decades in the field, visitor reactions to animals continue to baffle me.  I've seen visitors run - I don't mean "back away quickly," I mean run, as if all of hell was at their heels - from the most harmless of animals in a contact yard, or ask me, between frightened gasps, whether the tiny turtle I was holding could hurt them.  And then, on the flipside, I've seen people get themselves into the most dangerous of situations (usually by crossing a barrier) with a complete lack of concern.

Take these folks at this zoo, who are about to find themselves getting a much closer look at a hippo than most people should really experience.  Not a care in the world.  If that guard hadn't come onto the scene (and perhaps taken a bit direct of an approach to getting the behemoth back in its - seemingly inadequately barriered - habitat), who knows how this would have played out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment