Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve - whether you plan on staying up until midnight, or decide to skip the ball drop and turn in a bit early...

The dangerous thing about late December, I find, is that it's so easy to take projects or improvements that you know you really should get started on and say, "Sounds like something great that I should start in the New Year."  There's nothing magically different about January 1 compared to December 31 (or December 21, for that matter), of course, but it just sounds neater.

I know I've got a lot of irons in the fire that I've been letting heat for the past month or so - it's not just laziness, as much as it is a reflection that it can be hard to get things done when so many other folks are out of the office for the holidays.  Tomorrow isn't looking much better on that front, but Tuesday?  Better believe I'll hit the ground running then.  Just don't ask me how that worked in January 2023...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment